- 29 January 2010 16:58
Check Point Software Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2009 Financial Results
The press release with the results and commentary can be found online here: http://www.checkpoint.com/press/2010/q409earnings012810.html
Some of the key highlights included:
* Fourth Quarter 2009 Revenue: $272.1 million, representing a 25 per cent increase year over year
* Total Fiscal 2009 Revenue: $924.4 million, representing a 14 per cent increase year over year
* Note all figures are in US Dollars.
Check Point generated revenue growth across all geographies. The Asia Pacific region was particularly strong, delivering over 40 per cent year over year growth.
During 2009, Check Point introduced new and innovative security products and technologies including:
* Revolutionary Software Blade architecture which provides customers with an integrated flexible security platform with over 30 software blades available to address their security needs.
* The latest endpoint product innovations WebCheck and OneCheck technologies provide customers with secure web browsing and single lock/unlock mechanism to multiple security subsystems.
* Check Point acquired technology from FaceTime to detect and provide security for over 4,500 internet applications and 50,000 web 2.0 widgets.
New appliance products introduced during the year included:
* UTM-1 130 entry-level appliance for branch offices and small businesses
* High End Power-1 11000 appliances delivering up to 25Gbps throughput and 15Gbps of IPS performance
* SMART-1 Management Appliances – for managing a security infrastructure of any size
* IP Series appliance line which was acquired from Nokia and introduced bundled with Check Point’s Software Blade architecture
Media and Analysts: for more information please contact – Spectrum Communications Jennifer Jefferys Phone 02 9954 3299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (www.checkpoint.com), worldwide leader in securing the Internet, is the only vendor to deliver Total Security for networks, data and endpoints, unified under a single management framework. Check Point provides customers with uncompromised protection against all types of threats, reduces security complexity and lowers total cost of ownership. Check Point first pioneered the industry with FireWall-1 and its patented stateful inspection technology. Today, Check Point continues to innovate with the development of the Software Blade architecture. The dynamic Software Blade architecture delivers secure, flexible and simple solutions that can be fully customised to meet the exact security needs of any organisation or environment. Check Point customers include tens of thousands of businesses and organisations of all sizes including all Fortune 100 companies. Check Point's award-winning ZoneAlarm solutions protect millions of consumers from hackers, spyware and identity theft.
©2010 Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. All rights reserved