By Bharat Bedi, SolarWinds, Head of Sales, APJ
- 27 January 2010 09:18
Mindjet announces release of MindManager 8 for Mac
Sydney – January 27, 2010 — Mindjet®, the leading provider of collaboration and personal productivity solutions that visually connect ideas, information and people, today announced the availability of MindManager® 8 for Mac.
This latest generation of the product offers more functionality and better integration with native Mac applications to help increase personal productivity, better manage information and drive business results for Mac users. Today’s news follows on the heels of Mindjet’s successful launch of its Web-based collaboration solution Mindjet Catalyst™ in October 2009.
“Mac users are innovative, creative and entrepreneurial, which makes MindManager 8 a must-have for them,” said Scott Raskin, CEO of Mindjet. “MindManager 8 for Mac is an exciting leap forward with more functionality, better integration with other applications and the ability to share your maps with anyone via the Internet. MindManager 8 will deliver impressive benefits to all in the Mac community.” MindManager is a productivity tool for individuals, as well as the world’s leading mind mapping application. Unlike documents, presentations and e-mail, which constrain you to working one page at a time, MindManager’s visual approach, on an expandable canvas, or ‘map,’ captures and organises complex ideas and processes in such a way that users and teams can see the forest and the trees. Key Features of MindManager 8 for Mac
• Integrates with native Mac productivity software such as iCal, Address Book, and iWork, and Microsoft® productivity software for easy assignment of project tasks and reference of documents. Import from Microsoft Word, and Apple® Pages®. Export to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Apple iWork Pages, Keynote®, OPML, text outline, HTML, JPG, PNG or TIFF formats. Additionally, iChat integration allows users to send a map to someone during a chat for real-time collaboration and information sharing.
• Sharing capabilities enable users to create maps in MindManager 8 for Mac and open for editing in MindManager 8 for Windows and Mindjet’s Web-based collaboration platform Mindjet Catalyst. Users can also publish maps in social media networks and export maps in a portable, interactive PDF or Flash format using Mindjet Player.
• Simplifies task and event management with new iCal integration that makes it easy to keep track of ‘To Do’ lists and multiple calendars - one for home, another for school, a third for work, and so on.
• Standard Apple gesture support on the Multi-Touch Trackpad and Magic Mouse is available. These are actions like “pinch and expand” to zoom in on the map and “three finger roll” for scrolling through the map. • A built-in browser, which can be initiated within maps, gives users the ability to view Web pages and PDF documents without leaving MindManager 8 for Mac.
• MindManager 8 for Mac is available in four languages: English, German, French and Japanese and can be purchased through Mindjet.com for the upgrade price of $129 or as a new license for $249. Customers who currently own MindManager 6 or 7 for Mac who purchase an upgrade before February 28, 2010 can do so for the special price of $99.
“MindManager 8 for Mac is a must-have upgrade,” said Augusto Pinaud, sales manager for Diamond Multimedia and a writer for www.Entrepreneurnotes.com. “From the built-in browser to integration with other Mac software to publishing capabilities, it’s clear there’s a lot here for your money. MindManager 8’s Windows upgrade was a paradigm change: the application moved from just that -- a great application -- to an indispensable tool. MindManager 8 for Mac just got the same honor. What I’ve seen is incredible.”
“Mindjet offers best in class solutions that help people improve productivity, teamwork, and collaboration regardless of their preferred platform or delivery model – Mac, Windows and on-demand,” Raskin added. “By helping people better connect ideas and information in a visual manner, we’re truly transforming the way people work and innovate.”
Supporting Resources MindManager 8 for Mac: • Download a free trial of MindManager 8 for Mac • Download the MindManager 8 for Mac datasheet • Read Mindjet Chief Evangelist Michael Deutch’s blog posts on MindManager 8 for Mac • Watch a video of MindManager 8 for Mac in action • See images of MindManager 8 for Mac • Hear what individuals and organizations have to say about Mindjet • Follow Mindjet on Twitter to learn more: http://twitter.com/Mindjet
Tags / Keywords: • MindManager, Mindjet, mind map, mind mapping, visual collaboration, personal productivity, information organization About Mindjet Mindjet provides collaboration and personal productivity solutions that visually connect ideas, information and people to save time, improve business processes and drive innovation. Mindjet is the only company to combine a visual productivity application (mind mapping) with a comprehensive collaboration platform. So whether you are driving the sales process, managing a project, building a strategic plan, running a brainstorming session, conducting a meeting, or simply getting organized, Mindjet helps you succeed with almost any business or personal productivity challenge.
Used by more than 1.5 million professionals around the world in 48 of BusinessWeek’s 50 “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Mindjet solutions dramatically boost productivity and team effectiveness. Surveys across several industries show that Mindjet can increase productivity by up to 25 percent by making meetings, common communications and project management tasks more efficient and effective. Mindjet’s software and web-based solutions include the world’s leading visual productivity application, document and file sharing, secure workspaces and web conferencing. Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at www.mindjet.com/products/overview or through an extensive partner network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview. Founded in 1997, Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Contact Information Phil Novack Mindjet +1.415.229.4310 firstname.lastname@example.org
David Frost PR Deadlines P/L for Mindjet +61.2.4341 5021 email@example.com