- 9 January 2018 17:24
NETGEAR expands portfolio of Switches, remote management capabilities at CES 2018
NETGEAR EXPANDS INDUSTRY-FIRST PORTFOLIO OF 5-SPEED NETWORKING SWITCHES WITH 12 AND 24 PORT MODELS
NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switches connect all your devices at the fastest Gigabit speeds possible over existing wiring without performance impact LAS VEGAS — January 8, 2018 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), is expanding its family of industry-first 5-speed Multi-Gigabit switching products first introduced last quarter. The new NETGEAR 5-Speed switches operate at 100Mbps, 1Gbps, 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps, or 10Gbps. Through an intuitive interface, the Multi-Gigabit switches provide easy, reliable and affordable connectivity with granular per-port bandwidth control and traffic monitoring without needing to install expensive new cabling to alleviate speed barriers. The five speeds per Ethernet port make them the most flexible and affordable 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit switches in the market.
- XS512EM 12-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2 SFP+ Ports, Desktop and Rackmount
- XS724EM 24-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2 SFP+ Ports, Rackmount
Modern high-performance networking devices such as network cards, gaming PCs, desktop PCs, servers, NAS storage, and AC Wave 2 Wireless Access Points now offer both 2.5-Gigabit or 5-Gigabit connectivity. Other 10-Gigabit switches provide a standard 1-Gigabit connectivity to any device requiring less than 10Gbps, but NETGEAR Multi-Gigabit Switches provide additional options for 2.5 and 5Gbps. So, businesses are able to combine legacy Ethernet speeds like 100 Mbps or 1Gbps, with 10Gbps and now 2.5 and 5Gbps, so that all of the devices in your business, small office or home can run at their individual highest speeds. NETGEAR has designed these switches to be plug-and-play, making them capable of easily leveraging the full potential of performance and coverage offered by the latest high-speed devices.
Each of the intelligent multi-speed copper Ethernet ports on the switches automatically detects the speed requested by the connected device and the quality of the cabling, and provides the appropriate connection at one of the five speeds. The ports can be connected with regular Cat5E Ethernet cables, without the need to upgrade to Cat6 wiring, thereby reducing wiring costs and hassle. Each switch also has two SFP+ fiber ports with 1-Gigabit or 10-Gigabit connectivity that’s ideal for providing a high-speed uplink to your core network.
Both the XS512EM and the XS724EM Switches go beyond basic network connectivity by adding REVS (Reliability, Enhanced Control, Visibility and Security) values to any SMB network:
- Reliability — Link Aggregation and Loop Prevention assure that the SMB networks are up and running to minimise possible downtimes.
- Enhanced Control — Improves your network performance with VLAN, QoS and Multicast Support.
- Visibility — Identifies any possible cable issues or abnormal traffic behavior with cable health test and port statistics.
- Security — Protects SMB networks for possible threats through Auto DoS and Storm Control.
Both the new XS724EM and the XS512EM Switches can operate either in silent mode or with a quiet fan. This whisper-quiet feature, combined with the smaller form factor of the 12-port XS512EM and its flexible, rackmount and desktop mounting options, makes the XS512EM especially ideal for smaller spaces. Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR, said, “New devices on your network today each operate at their own speed for optimum performance. With NETGEAR, your newest devices are able to reach their top performance because our new 5-Speed Switches automatically sense and adjust to the appropriate speed on a per port basis, over existing cabling. They make it easy on your IT budget, too.” The new Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switches deliver the full set of powerful features of other NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switches — including network monitoring, traffic prioritisation, and network segmentation — to small businesses who want more visibility and control on top of plug-and-play connectivity. Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes advanced setup simple. Features include:
- QoS, VLAN and network monitoring
- Auto "denial-of-service" (DoS) prevention
- Cable test, loop prevention and broadcast storm controls
- IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimisation
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Link Aggregation (static, LACP) to add redundancy and increase speed in your connections
- Energy efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings
NETGEAR XS512EM 12-Port and XS724EM 24-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switches will be available through authorised NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and ecommerce sites. Regional variance may apply to the final pricing for end customers depending on the reseller and bundled offerings. Australian and New Zealand local pricing and availability will be announced at a later date.
The 5-Speed Multi-Gigabit Switching Product Family
In addition to the XS512EM and XS5724EM Switches, there are already several other switches in the uniquely comprehensive NETGEAR portfolio of Multi-Gigabit/5-Speed Switches. Customers can find a solution to fit every need and price point in both copper and fiber options, and desktop and rackmount editions of Unmanaged, Smart Managed Plus, Smart Managed Pro, and Fully Managed Switches.
- XS505M 5-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with SFP+ Port
- XS508M 8-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with SFP+ Port
- GS110MX 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with 2-Port 10G/Multi-Gig Uplinks (GS110MX)
- GS110EMX 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2-Port 10G/Multi-Gig Uplinks
- MS510TX 8-Port Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper and SFP+ Ports
- MS510TXPP 8-Port PoE+ Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper and SFP+ Ports
- M4200 Fully Managed Intelligent Edge Series Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Switch with PoE+ and 2 SFP+ Ports
All NETGEAR Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Switches are supported by the industry-leading ProSAFE® Lifetime Hardware Warranty including Lifetime Next Business Day shipping for part replacement and Lifetime Technical Support options.
NETGEAR INSIGHT – APP AND NEW WEB PORTAL – EXPAND REMOTE MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES OF YOUR NETWORK
A CES Innovation Award honoree, NETGEAR Insight management solution delivers unified remote monitoring and management for NETGEAR switches, wireless access points and ReadyNAS storage
LAS VEGAS — January 8, 2018 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), is expanding its emerging family of Insight managed Smart Cloud Switches with two new 28-port models offering greater capacity for growing businesses. Currently available as a mobile app, the remote setup, monitoring and management features of the Insight™ management solution will also become available in mid-February through the new NETGEAR Insight Cloud web portal, providing the benefit of a larger display screen for a single-pane view of all devices and locations.
As an honoree in the 2018 CES Innovation Awards competition for excellence in design and engineering, the NETGEAR Insight management solution is a progressive way to instantly discover, configure, and continuously monitor and manage your network. Designed for easy remote management of NETGEAR Smart Cloud Wireless Access Points, Smart Cloud switches and ReadyNAS Network Storage, Insight will now also provide support for the Orbi™ Pro Tri-band WiFi System for small businesses as of the update in mid-February. “NETGEAR Insight Managed devices have the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of any remote/cloud manageable networking devices in the industry,” Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR, affirmed. “Businesses benefit from plug-and-play setup and management without the cost of an additional network management device or contracted IT service. There is no complex software, or on-premise cloud server to purchase and maintain and there are no exorbitant long-term licensing fees.”
Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches for Versatility and Lowest TCO
The two new 28-Port Smart Cloud Switches join four additional NETGEAR Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches launched in late 2017, the industry’s first fully-integrated, cloud-manageable network switches for SMB. All Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches support a full suite of advanced switching features and are ready to grow with your business to meet the needs of a fully converged network. Some of the advanced switching features include:
- VLANs (including Auto-VoIP & Auto-Video) and LLDP support
- Port trunking / Link aggregation and IGMP snooping
- QoS and priority queuing, port-based rate limiting, STP/RSTP and loop prevention ACLs, storm control and port mirroring
- Advanced per-port PoE controls, scheduling, and timers (PoE models)
- IPv6 management and support for future-proofing your network
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing for optimising your network outgoing traffic (28-port models only)
The Insight Managed switches are easy to set up, as you need only to plug the switch into your network and the Internet and discover with the Insight app. You can then set up policies across switches without configuring each separately. Through Insight, you see what’s connected on each switch port, port speeds, and can remotely manage PoE power including enabling and disabling PD devices from anywhere, anytime. Two Interface Options for NETGEAR Insight
The new NETGEAR Insight solution provides a unified, single-pane-of-glass view of your NETGEAR Insight network devices with easy access to both product information and support. It is the answer to the once tedious setup and configuration of devices either in individual device GUI silos or via overwhelming device management tools created for complex enterprise networks. Insight changes the paradigm with its simple multi-device configuration and cloud-based remote access to empower small businesses to manage devices from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is available as either a mobile app for iOS and Android devices or as a Cloud web portal accessible from any internet-connected web browser. Key features covered in the Basic subscription plan include:
- Unified wired/wireless network management with data usage monitoring and logs
- Remote access with 24/7 visibility and control of all Insight Managed devices in your network
- Instant automated discovery of select NETGEAR devices and all Insight Managed devices
- One-tap device registration to simplify and streamline access to NETGEAR support options
- Easy-to-use network configuration across devices using your mobile device
- Firmware updates across all Insight Managed devices in the network
- Full remote/cloud network monitoring and management with no additional cloud controller, appliance, or PC/server necessary
- Email and instant push notifications and warnings on your network and device connectivity and network health
- Easy click-through to NETGEAR support for your registered devices
The Premium subscription plan also includes Insight Cloud web portal access, Smart WiFi management, WiFi fast roaming, PoE scheduling and timers, and many more useful features.
All NETGEAR Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches include a 5-year Limited Hardware Warranty, Next Business Day replacement, and free technical support.
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR Insight management solution is available in two subscription plans covering all Insight Managed switches, access points, NAS and Orbi Pro.
- Insight Basic is available for the Insight app only, which can be downloaded from the Apple® App Store℠ and Google Play™. Insight Basic is free for up to two devices, after which it’s available for a yearly subscription per device
- Insight Premium covers the Insight app as well as the Insight Cloud web portal which is accessible from any web browser connected to the internet. It also gives access to Insight advanced features such as Smart WiFi roaming, PoE scheduling, and more. Insight Premium has a monthly per-device subscription or a yearly per-device subscription
The new Insight Cloud web portal is ideal for configuring larger port-count switches, such as these two new 28-port Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches. The NETGEAR Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Cloud Switch (GC728X) and PoE+ edition (GC728XP) will begin shipping later this quarter through authorised NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and ecommerce sites. Regional variance may apply to the final pricing for end customers depending on the reseller and bundled offerings.
Pricing and availability for the below models in Australia and New Zealand will be announced at a later date.
- Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ Fiber Ports (GC728X)
- Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ Fiber Ports (GC728XP)
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 30,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 25,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter, Facebook and our blog.
©2018 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, NETGEAR Insight and ProSupport are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Australian Media Contacts
Elizabeth or Emma at DEC PR
(02) 8014 5033 / email@example.com