- 19 September 2017 13:59
Aruba Modernises Network Security to Help Businesses Reduce Risk in the Era of Mobile, Cloud, and IoT
Sydney, Australia, Sept. 19, 2017 – Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company (NYSE:HPE), today announced the Aruba 360 Secure Fabric, a security framework that provides 360 degrees of analytics-driven attack detection and response to help organisations reduce risk in today’s changing threat landscape. Aruba is also innovating in User and Entity Behavioral Analytics (UEBA) by expanding the Aruba IntroSpect product family, enabling businesses to easily and rapidly scale machine-learned behavior detection from small projects to full enterprise deployments.
Gartner’s research into insider threats indicates that organisations are not adequately considering the risk from their trusted users even though there are myriad examples where organisations have been impacted. On a positive note, Gartner fielded almost a 100% increase from clients looking to address the insider threat issue, of which UEBA is one of the primary technologies.
To help organisations address new and unknown threats, the Aruba 360 Secure Fabric offers security and IT teams an integrated way to quickly detect and respond to advanced cyberattacks from pre-authorisation to post-authorisation across multi-vendor infrastructures, supporting enterprises of all sizes.
Components of the Aruba 360 Secure Fabric include the following:
• Aruba IntroSpect UEBA solution: A new network-agnostic family of continuous monitoring and advanced attack detection software. Includes a new entry-level edition and uses machine learning to detect changes in user and device behavior that can indicate attacks that have evaded traditional security defenses. Machine-learning algorithms generate a Risk Score based on the severity of an attack to speed up incident investigations for security teams.
• Aruba ClearPass: A proven network access control (NAC) and policy management security solution that can profile BYOD and IoT users and devices, enabling automated attack response, is now integrated with Aruba IntroSpect. ClearPass can also be deployed on any vendor’s network.
• Aruba Secure Core: Essential security capabilities embedded in the foundation across all of Aruba’s Wi-Fi access points, wireless controllers, and switches, including the recently introduced Aruba 8400 campus core and aggregation switch.
New Edition for Aruba IntroSpect UEBA Family Aruba IntroSpect Standard joins the IntroSpect UEBA family, along with new features added to the company’s flagship offering, Aruba IntroSpect Advanced. The expansion of the IntroSpect UEBA family offers security teams more choice and a quick way to implement UEBA.
Aruba IntroSpect Standard is an easy way for organisations to start employing UEBA machine learning security with as few as three data sources, accelerating an organisation’s time-to-protect corporate and customer data. It is designed for basic monitoring and detection of anomalous and often, subtle, behaviours on the network and across mobile, cloud, and IoT devices and applications, to identify early signs of attack expansion and beaconing, as well as data exfiltration.
It ingests common data sources including Microsoft Active Directory or other LDAP authentication records and identity information, and firewall logs from sources such as Checkpoint, Palo Alto Networks™, or Aruba monitoring (AMON) logs from Aruba infrastructure. Action can be taken quickly using ClearPass to quarantine, restrict, or remove identified threats.
Security teams deploying IntroSpect Standard can easily upgrade to IntroSpect Advanced as their requirements expand.
Raising the Bar on Early Detection with Aruba IntroSpect Advanced Edition
Aruba IntroSpect Advanced delivers a wider set of security capabilities than IntroSpect Standard to provide attack detection by correlating across a broader array of data sources, aiding in faster incident investigation and improved threat-hunting, search, and deep forensics. Included are more than 100 supervised and unsupervised machine learning models that provide unmatched analytics and forensics from data such as packets, flows, logs, alerts, and endpoints, as well as mobile, cloud, and IoT traffic, increasing an organisation’s effectiveness at identifying risk.
New features for Aruba IntroSpect Advanced include:
• Smarter Security with Dynamic Machine Learning, which allows security teams to easily customise IntroSpect’s analytical models based on the current threat environment and protection priorities. Included is “chaining,” in which the 100+ out-of-the box machine learning models can be linked together to construct new detection scenarios and associated risk scores.
• Classifying Mobile, Cloud, and IoT with Device Peer Grouping, which utilises the ClearPass profiling functionality to group like devices even when known only by their IP address. For example, ClearPass will classify a surveillance camera or a factory sensor, and IntroSpect will benchmark its behavior amongst its peer group. Introspect will flag unusual device behavior based on peer group comparisons, which is important in extending UEBA functionality to the growing classes of IoT devices.
• Faster Remediation with Integrated Attack Response, enabling security analysts to respond to an attack by triggering an action for ClearPass directly from the IntroSpect console.
Trusted and Secure Network Foundation with Aruba Secure Core
Embedded into Aruba’s networking infrastructure is the Aruba Secure Core, which provides the necessary protection required for any network including secure boot, embedded firewalls, centralised encryption, deep packet inspection, and intrusion prevention. Aruba’s unique infrastructure design helps eliminate the danger of physical tampering while securing and monitoring network traffic.
Integrating Aruba IntroSpect UEBA and Aruba ClearPass into the Aruba Secure Core provides a seamless path of protection from device discovery and access to attack detection and response. This gives Aruba customers the unique ability to detect an attack and then take automated or analyst-initiated action to protect organisations’ valuable assets, ranging from network reauthentication to quarantining to blacklisting users and devices.
Aruba 360 Security Exchange Program: Multi-vendor Closed Loop Protection
The Aruba 360 Security Exchange Program combines the partners and technical resources from the IntroSpect Technology Program and the Aruba ClearPass Exchange Program. The result is more than 100 leading security and infrastructure solutions that customers and channel partners can leverage for simple, validated interoperability, enabling quick and trusted deployments. Aruba customers can leverage their existing security investments by seamlessly integrating them with Aruba solutions, providing the benefits of a unified solution with the flexibility of an open architecture.
Availability The Aruba IntroSpect Standard and Advanced models ANZ availability is planned for early 2018.
Aruba 360 Secure Exchange Partner Quotes
“As traditional security perimeters dissolve rapidly with the adoption of Mobile, Cloud, and IoT, delivering secure endpoint protection regardless of a user’s location and device is paramount in the fight against cybercrime,” said D.J. Long, head of the McAfee Security Innovation Alliance. “We are very happy to see the integrated platform of Aruba 360 Secure Fabric working jointly with the McAfee portfolio of security products, sharing threat intelligence and workflow policies, increasing the efficiency and efficacy of security protection for mutual customers.”
"Palo Alto Networks Aruba have joined forces to prevent cyberattacks by expanding on our existing integration with ClearPass and Cloud Services Controller to deliver closed-loop detection and remediation of advanced threats and insider attacks via the Aruba 360 Secure Fabric,” said Chad Kinzelberg, senior vice president of business and corporate development, Palo Alto Networks. “With the forthcoming Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, which will revolutionise how organisations consume security technologies, joint customers will be able to evaluate and adopt solutions like Aruba IntroSpect without deploying on-premises infrastructure.”
Blog by Partha Narasimhan: The Digital Workplace Amidst a Vanishing Security Perimeter http://hpe.to/60038FMAF
About Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for enterprises of all sizes worldwide. The company delivers IT solutions that empower organisations to serve the latest generation of mobile-savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives.
To learn more, visit Aruba at
http://www.arubanetworks.com. For real-time news updates follow Aruba on Twitter and Facebook, and for the latest technical discussions on mobility and Aruba products visit Airheads Social at http://community.arubanetworks.com.
For more information, please contact: Sarah Bullen OR Duyen Nguyen at DEC PR +61 2 8014 5033 and Aruba@decpr.com.au