- 20 July 2017 13:01
“ARLO BABY” SMART MONITORING HD CAMERA FROM NETGEAR KEEPS WATCH OVER THE NEWEST AND DEAREST ADDITIONS TO THE FAMILY
SYDNEY— July 18, 2017 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the worldwide leader in home networking and smart home security products, has launched the new Arlo™ Baby Smart HD Monitoring Camera (ABC1000), a CES® 2017 Innovation Awards Honouree for its unique and innovative product design. Loaded with smart baby monitoring features with a cute, nursery-friendly design, Arlo Baby goes far beyond traditional baby monitors to provide what busy parents need to keep the whole family safe and at ease.
The thoughtfully designed Arlo Baby offers a list of innovative features for a baby-monitoring camera, such as a music player, ambient sensors for monitoring air quality, temperature and humidity, and a built-in multi-coloured night light. Arlo Baby also provides everything you could possibly want in a baby monitoring device, with remote access to video, live streaming and recording, two-way audio, and advanced night vision capabilities, enabling parents to watch over their baby in crystal-clear 1080p HD video, day and night, from anywhere. With a built-in rechargeable battery, Arlo Baby camera can go untethered, allowing parents to move the camera around the house when needed. The Arlo smart analytics platform provides real-time, customisable alerts when motion or sound is detected. Arlo Baby can even tell you if the detected sound is your baby’s crying.
With rolling 7 days of free cloud recordings, Arlo Baby monitoring camera will ensure you never miss a precious moment. Arlo Baby’s appearance can even be personalised by turning the camera into adorable characters such as a bunny, a cat, or a puppy to be a friendly addition to your nursery.
“When we looked at other baby monitoring solutions, it became clear to us that we had an opportunity to develop a product that would significantly improve the experience of baby monitoring for today’s busy Mums and Dads,” said Pat Collins, senior vice president of Arlo products at NETGEAR. “With exceptional 1080p video both day and night, crystal clear audio and smart analytics that provide instant alerts when the baby is crying or when their environment has changed, Arlo Baby is a giant leap forward in baby monitoring technology. And with our easy-to-use mobile app, parents will feel connected to their baby whether they are across the globe or in the next room”.
Features of Arlo Baby
• 1080p HD Quality – Watch your baby in crystal clear HD video, day or night, from anywhere in the world.
• Advanced Night Vision – Near invisible infrared LED lights automatically switch on to let you see how your baby is sleeping from the mobile app even in total darkness.
• Two-way Audio – Listen in and talk to your baby straight from your smart phone from anywhere, even when away from home.
• Motion and Sound Alerts – Receive push notifications or email on your phone when your baby moves or makes a sound. Arlo Baby can even tell you if the sound is a baby crying.
• Rechargeable Battery – Move the camera freely around your home for wire-free monitoring of your baby using the integrated rechargeable battery.
• Temperature, Humidity and Air Sensor– Ensure your baby’s comfort with live reporting of your nursery’s ambient conditions. Receive a push notification or email when anything is not in the desired range.
• Music Player – Soothe your baby to sleep or enjoy playtime each night with a collection of built-in lullabies. Find your favourite songs from a large selection available in the free Arlo music library.
• Night Light –To provide comfort to your baby or help guide you in a dark room, Arlo Baby is equipped with a multi-coloured, dimmable LED night light that can be managed remotely.
• Mobile Access – Watch over your baby from your smartphone, tablet, or PC, from anywhere.
• Direct Connect – When paired with the optional Arlo Baby 7-inch LCD display, Arlo Baby camera can stream live video directly to the display with its own secure and independent wireless connection.
• Free Cloud Recordings – Keep your precious moments with free rolling 7 days of secure cloud recording. More storage options and 24/7 continuous recording available. Pricing and Availability
Arlo Baby Smart HD Monitoring Camera (ABC1000) will be available in August from major retailers in store and online, at a price of RRP $ 399 AUD.
Arlo Baby Smart HD Monitoring Camera with 7” LCD Screen Display (ABC1000S) will be available in Q4 from major retailers in store and online. Price TBA.
Arlo Baby Accessories
Optional Arlo Baby accessories sold separately include:
• Arlo Baby Stand – Offers an elevated viewing angle into a crib or the playroom for an ideal monitoring vantage point. (RRP $ 79 AUD)
• Characters — Turn your Arlo Baby camera into a friendly kitten or a charming Dalmatian puppy with these optional accessories. (RRP $ 39 AUD)
Visit Arlo.com to learn more about Arlo Baby Monitoring Camera and other Arlo Smart Home Security camera options for your home and business.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 28,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 27,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter, Facebook and our blog.
©2017 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, and Arlo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Media Contacts: Elizabeth, Jennifer or Emma at DEC PR, (02) 8014 5033 / email@example.com