Innovation Awards 2023 is the market-leading awards program for celebrating ecosystem innovation and excellence across the technology sector in ASEAN.
- 9 June 2015 14:27
A10 Networks extends security functionality and price/performance leadership with new Thunder ADC appliances
SYDNEY — June 9, 2015 — A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a technology leader in application networking, today announced new mid-range Thunder™ Application Delivery Controller (ADC) appliances and high-end Thunder SPE ADC appliances that set a new standard for secure high-performance application delivery.
The new mid-range Thunder ADC appliances provide powerful dedicated hardware for SSL performance and DDoS attack protection at an exceptionally competitive price point for enterprises. The high-end Thunder SPE appliances provide SSL performance, and enhanced DDoS and network protection in hardware with the Security and Policy Engine (SPE) hardware, allowing Web giants and service providers to secure the most demanding data centre applications and networks.
Trends such as the digitalisation of business practices, big data, cloud networking, and mobility are driving demand for high performance data centre infrastructure solutions. While data centre traffic is growing rapidly, SSL encryption requirements are increasing at an even faster rate to protect customer data, forcing organisations to rethink their SSL offload and SSL inspection strategies. A10 Networks’ new Thunder Series appliance models meet today’s escalating performance and security needs by dramatically increasing L4 and L7 connections per second and SSL performance benchmarks compared to its previous generation of appliances.
The new mid-range models also offer customers investment protection with modular SSL components. Designed with ‘SSL modularity’ in mind, the new Thunder appliance models enable customers a simple upgrade path from the current generation of SSL processors to the next generation of higher performance SSL technology once available from A10.
The new Thunder Series appliances are based on A10’s innovative Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS), which delivers industry leading price performance and protection. They also leverage the same data centre-efficient designs as other ACOS-based appliances, consuming less power, cooling and rack space, which are critically important metrics for large data centre operators.
“With the continued rise of well-publicised DDoS attacks and data breaches, organisations of all sizes are requiring effective protection from the escalating size and complexity of attacks,” said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president of global marketing. “The new Thunder models leverage our software-defined ACOS capabilities to protect not just service providers and Web giants, but also mid-size enterprises as demonstrated by the best-in-class Thunder 3230S.”
The new mid-range Thunder hardware appliances are as follows:
Thunder 3230 and 3230S (two “S” models include SSL Security Processors)
• 4-Core Xeon CPU, 4x1GbE, 4x10GbE
• Throughput: 30 Gbps
• SSL CPS (2048-bit): Up to 52,000
• DDoS Protection (SYN Flood) SYN/sec: 55 million
Thunder 3430 and 3430S (two “S” models include SSL Security Processors)
• 6-Core Xeon CPU, 4x1GbE, 4x10GbE • Throughput: 42 Gbps
• SSL CPS (2048-bit): Up to 75,000
• DDoS Protection (SYN Flood) SYN/sec: 55 million Thunder 5330 and 5330S (two “S” models include SSL Security Processors)
• 10-Core Xeon CPU, 8x10GbE • Throughput: 78 Gbps
• SSL CPS (2048-bit): Up to 96,000
• DDoS Protection (SYN Flood) SYN/sec: 112 million The new high-end Thunder SPE hardware appliances with Security and Policy Engine (SPE) hardware are as follows:
Thunder 5435 and 5435S (“S” model includes SSL Security Processors)
• 10-Core Xeon CPU, 16x10GbE, 4x40GbE • Throughput: 78 Gbps
• SSL CPS (2048-bit): Up to 65,000
• DDoS Protection (SYN Flood) SYN/sec: 112 million Thunder 6435 and 6435S (“S” model includes SSL Security Processors)
• 2 x 12-Core Xeon CPUs, 16x10GbE, 4x40GbE
• Throughput: 153 Gbps
• SSL CPS (2048-bit): Up to 135,000
• DDoS Protection (SYN Flood) SYN/sec: 223 million Pricing and Availability All models are available now, starting at $US39,995. Additional information is available in the Thunder ADC datasheet: https://www.a10networks.com/sites/default/files/A10-DS-15100-EN.pdf
About the Thunder Series Application Service Gateways The A10 Thunder Series is A10's premium product family delivering the highest performance application networking solutions up to 155 Gbps, integrating expanded system resources to support future feature needs, and offering a broad array of physical, virtual and hybrid form factors. The Thunder Series offers a portfolio of Application Service Gateways that address a range of customer needs, including Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs), Carrier Grade Networking (CGN) and DDoS mitigation solutions.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a leader in application networking, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data centre applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit a10networks.com and @A10Networks
Contacts Greg Barnes , Managing Director, ANZ, A10 Networks. email@example.com +61 (0) 431 762 602
David Frost, PR Deadlines, for A10 Networks. Phone: +61.2.4341 5021 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org