- 3 June 2011 15:39
Mindjet announces MindManager Version 9 for Mac
SYDNEY, June 2, 2011 - Mindjet®, the leading provider of business productivity software and SaaS applications that visually connect ideas, information and people, announced today the release of MindManager® Version 9 for Mac®. New and improved features help users move seamlessly from initial brainstorm to creation of presentations and project plans.
Enhancements include new quick entry mode for brainstorming, powerful filtering capabilities to aid prioritization, and new interactive slide show capabilities that let users organise ideas, deliver dynamic presentations, and instantly incorporate feedback, all within the same visual environment.
MindManager Version 9 for Mac can immediately be ordered for the upgrade price of $US129, or $US249 for a new licence, at https://secure.mindjet.com/WebApp/catalog/catalog.aspx.
MindManager Version 9 for Mac will be generally available on June 23, 2011 in English, German, French, and Japanese language versions.
Mindjet's latest Mac release, along with recently announced iPad and iPhone apps (see separate release at: http://www.mindjet.com/press/releases/832), provide a complete suite of information mapping products for Apple product enthusiasts.
• MindManager information maps let users quickly capture ideas and assemble them in visual maps that combine the ease of a whiteboard with the flexibility of drag-and-drop editing. Built-in tools for organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling, along with Apple iWork® and Microsoft Office® integration, let Mac users quickly turn ideas, requirements, and raw research into polished presentations and detailed project plans.
• With over 1.8 million users, MindManager is the world's leading information mapping solution for both businesses and individuals.
• Unlike documents, presentations, and e-mail, which constrain you to working on one page at a time, MindManager's visual information mapping lets business professionals easily capture, organise, and communicate ideas and information, so you can organise input from multiple sources, clarify thinking, develop meaningful project plans, structure coherent strategies, and deliver compelling communications, all within a single environment.
• With MindManager Version 9 for Mac, users will be more organised, communicate more effectively, and ensure project success.
1. MindManager maps can be used as virtual whiteboards to easily capture ideas and visually organise projects, presentations, and strategies.
2. Facilitate brainstorming and collaborative problem solving
3. See the big picture and all the relevant details in a single dynamic view
4. MindManager is a single solution to both organise and present content in a visual format that increases understanding and retention.
5. Conduct engaging meetings and ensure participation by easily incorporating feedback on the fly
6. Use interactive maps to selectively present the right level of detail for each audience
7. MindManager enables users to successfully document all aspects of any project and gain alignment from key stakeholders.
8. Lay the foundation for successful project implementation by mapping out tasks, resource assignments, and schedules
9. Enable efficient decision making by aggregating information into a central map for easy review of all relevant details
New features of MindManager Version 9 for Mac
• For current MindManager customers, MindManager Version 9 for Mac delivers new capabilities to support brainstorming, via a quick text entry mode and presentations with an interactive slide format.
• A new user experience is established through more intuitive menu options, powerful filtering capabilities, and new iconography, as well as noticeable performance improvements.
• MindManager Version 9 for Mac introduces local integrations, enabling users to easily export map content into Microsoft Office and Apple iWork applications without connecting to the Internet. Interactive slide presentations.
• Present work in easy-to-follow slides. Pick and choose topics to present, adjust their order, and control exactly how you want each branch to appear. Present different levels of information to various audiences, without the inconvenience of creating multiple versions. Ensure participation and alignment by incorporating feedback as you present.
Quick Entry Mode
• Facilitate collaborative problem solving, capture stakeholder requirements, and improve meeting management via "quick-entry" capture of ideas and information. The ability to quickly enter input ensures that valuable ideas generated in brainstorming sessions and other meetings get documented and retained for later organisation, prioritization, and analysis.
• Conveniently import and export content to and from existing MindManager maps. Provides in-product compatibility with Microsoft Office Mac 2011 and iWork applications, even when offline, thanks to integrated (local) import/export functions.
• Import content from Microsoft® Word and Apple iWork Pages® to work with all relevant data in a single visual environment.
• Create content and then export to Word, Pages, Keynote®, and various other formats. WYSIWYG printing
• WYSIWYG® printing easily controls how maps are presented. Print the entire map on a single page, including topic notes. Each slide that has been created can also be printed, so you can print out exactly what is needed.
• Formatting Tool bar -- Users can now format text similar to how text formatting is done in iWork Pages.
• Improved Inspector -- Inspectors have been modified for improved usability and users can also open multiple inspectors which improve overall efficiency.
Improved notes -- Topic notes can now be formatted in-context of the notes area rather than in the Inspector which should simplify the process.
Other key features:
• Industry-Leading Information Visualisation -- Capture, organise, and work with ideas and information in a wide variety of interactive visual formats, including information maps, outlines, organisation charts, tree diagrams, and more.
• Project Planning and Task Management -- Streamline the project planning process and ensure visibility into all aspects of a project. Easily gather requirements and gain stakeholder buy-in on strategies, schedules, and more. Assign and track priorities, resources, and schedules to ensure project tasks stay on schedule.
• Capture Content and Add Context -- Easily capture stakeholder input, draw connections, and reorder content. Use icons, tags, topic shapes, callouts, boundaries, colors, topic sorting, and numbering to provide additional context. Add hyperlinks, attachments, notes, and images to provide additional levels of detail.
• Information Map Presentations -- Communicate effectively to multiple audiences with MindManager's interactive slide presentations. Easily tailor the level of details presented for each audience and capture critical feedback right in the presentation.
• Integration and Sharing -- Save time with powerful integrations. Import from Microsoft Word, Apple iWork Pages, and Freemind®. Export to Word, Pages, or Keynote for your final output. Integrate with iChat® to send or receive maps during a chat session. Also, share your maps via email, as web pages, images, or dynamic Adobe® PDF files.
• Dynamic Content -- Synchronize your relevant calendar items and contacts with MindManager via dynamic Microsoft Entourage and Apple iCal®, and Address Book dashboards. Bring the Internet into the map with a built-in web browser for in-context search and research results.
• Navigation, Viewing, and Printing Controls -- Navigate and control the levels of details displayed with powerful features like topic focus, show or hide branch, collapse map, quick filter and select, and more.
Automatically fit or balance your map within the screen. Use WSYISYG printing of entire maps or selected sections.
Stuart Zola, Neuroscience PhD, Research Centre Director: "I'm a brain scientist and MindManager Version 9 for Mac works like your brain works. The product's new presentation capabilities take me away from one-dimensional PowerPoint®'s, and allow me to quickly shift focus between big-picture-thinking and detailed topic areas -- a critical advantage whether you're presenting strategic plans or focused insights."
Max Scheder-Bieschin, CFO, Berkeley Bionics®: "MindManager 9 for Mac bested my expectations. It is a complete solution with new capabilities that make mapping more intuitive, quicker, and more powerful than ever. With MindManager for Mac, I now have a business productivity engine."
Howard Veit, President, Veit Consulting: "MindManager Version 9 for Mac makes ideas come alive for my healthcare clients, so that we can put our best thinking and strategies into immediate action. MindManager Version 9 for Mac, with new quick text entry, means that these working sessions are now more productive than ever."
Chuck Frey, Mind Mapping Software Blog: "Mac users rejoice! Mindjet has heard your cries for a version of MindManager that equals or exceeds the capabilities of its Windows counterpart. MindManager 9 for Mac is a robust, feature-rich mapping solution that will delight Mac users."
Blaine Mathieu, Chief Products Officer, Mindjet: "From architectural improvements that increase performance and speed to demanded-for features, like our new slideshow capabilities that let your better control the output of your content, MindManager Version 9 for Mac is a top-flight mapping application for the Mac users."
Blaine Mathieu, Chief Products Officer, Mindjet: "MindManager Version 9 for Mac is a significant upgrade for Mac users with added communication and sharing capabilities, quick information capture, new and improved templates. Faster and more robust performance mapping has come to the Mac."
Supported Operating Systems: Mac OS® X 10.6 or later
System Requirements: Mac computer with an Intel® processor
733 MHz or greater (1.67 GHz or greater recommended)
512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
100 MB disk space
1024 x 768 or greater
Additional requirements for certain features:
Adobe Acrobat ® Reader 9
Apple Keynote '08 and Pages '08
Microsoft Word '08 and PowerPoint '08
Pricing and Availability
MindManager 9 for Mac is available in four languages: English, German, French, and Japanese and can be purchased through Mindjet.com for the upgrade price of $US129 or as a new licence for $US249. Customers who purchase MindManager 9 for Mac before June 22, 2011 will receive Eltima™ Paintr™ for Mac bundled with their purchase.
MindManager 9 for Mac:
• Download the MindManager 9 for Mac datasheet: http://mindjet.com/mac
• Watch a video of MindManager 9 for Mac in action: http://mindjet.com/mac
• See images of MindManager 9 for Mac: http://mindjet.com/mac
• Mindjet Blog: http://blog.mindjet.com/2011/05/mobile-strategy
• Mindjet on Facebook®: http://www.facebook.com/mindjet
• Mindjet on Twitter®: http://www.twitter.com/mindjet
• Mindjet on YouTube®: http://www.youtube.com/mindjet
• More Mindjet news: http://www.mindjet.com/press/reviews/overview
Mindjet provides business productivity software that helps business professionals visually organise and act upon ideas, information and resources to drive productivity, team effectiveness, and business innovation. Mindjet products include industry-leading visual information mapping software and online services, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet's innovative visualisation technology to improve the usability of leading business applications. Used by nearly 1.8 million users around the world and by business professionals in 45 of BusinessWeek's® 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies," Mindjet solutions clarify thinking, dramatically boost productivity, and increase team effectiveness for better informed decisions. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at www.mindjet.com/products/overview and through an extensive partner network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview.
Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple, iWork, Pages, Keynote, iChat, iCal, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
For media enquiries:
David Frost PR Deadlines Pty Ltd, for Mindjet Phone: +61.2.4341 5021 Email: email@example.com