- 22 April 2011 15:00
Mindjet Power Markers adds new dimension to interactive visual information maps
SYDNEY, April 22, 2011. Mindjet®, the leading provider of business productivity software and web-based applications for visually organising and managing information and ideas, launched Mindjet Power Markers™ v3 for MindManager® users who need a fast and easy way to categorise and highlight priorities, resource assignments and upcoming deadlines.
Mindjet acquired Power Markers from Harport Consulting, a participant in Mindjet’s developer program, and is introducing Power Markers version 3 as a fully-supported Mindjet solution.
Mindjet Power Markers complements MindManager’s interactive, visual maps with indexed lists, so that users can quickly find and act on the critical information contained within their maps.
Special introductory pricing of $US59.95, $US20 off the standard $US79.95 retail price, is available through June 30th, 2011. For an immediate download please visit: http://www.mindjet.com/power-markers.
• Power Markers helps users who have developed large, complex maps effortlessly create a corresponding index of critical map elements, such as resource assignments, priorities and deadlines, so they can instantly navigate to relevant sections of the map.
• Power Markers’ indexed lists provide a linear view of map content which can be easily copied and pasted into other applications. The lists are created automatically, based on existing map markers or tags.
• Power Markers picks out topics with common characteristics, sorts and groups them together in lists and then puts them in a navigation window right next to the map. Users with complex maps can view all unfinished actions together in one place and simply click on one action to go directly to that location in the map, even if it is buried a few levels deep.
• Power Markers is an add-on for Mindjet MindManager version 8 and MindManager version 9 for Windows.
• Power Markers is available in English and French language versions at http://www.mindjet.com/power-markers. Special introductory pricing is available until June 30th, 2011: $US59. After June 30th, 2011 standard product pricing will be: $US79.
• Harport Consulting originally developed Power Markers as part of the Mindjet Developer Network™, which enables outside developers to quickly design add-ons to Mindjet products.
• Ken Hirschman, vice president of business development at Mindjet: “The Power Markers launch is a testimonial to our open API and the Mindjet Developer Network which continues to incubate great ideas that provide additional value to our more than 1.8 million Mindjet users across the globe.”
• Robert Riddle, senior associate at Baker & Botts, LLP: "I use Mindjet's MindManager to better understand and manage information for complex legal projects and litigation, and Power Markers keeps me in control no matter how large my maps are or how I organise them. Now I can quickly and easily keep track of important details, useful info and changing priorities.”
• Nick Duffill, founder of Harport Consulting: “Power Markers was developed to make it easier for users to manage complex maps and quickly spotlight high-priority items in both list and map views so that they can access information in the manner that ensures that it can be quickly analysed and acted upon.”
• Nick Duffill, founder of Harport Consulting: "MindManager maps are perfect for thinking, creating, planning and organising; list views are great when it comes to prioritising and taking action. Power Markers was developed to give MindManager users the best of both worlds."
Power Markers Overview: http://www.mindjet.com/power-markers
Power Markers Getting Started Video: http://www.mindjet.com/galleries/videos/powermarkers/getting-started-video/overview
Mindjet Blog Post on Power Markers: http://blog.mindjet.com/
Mindjet on Facebook®: http://www.facebook.com/mindjet
Mindjet on YouTube®: http://www.youtube.com/mindjet
More Mindjet news: http://www.mindjet.com/press/reviews/overview
Mindjet provides business productivity software that helps business professionals visually organize and act upon ideas, information and resources to drive productivity, team effectiveness and business innovation. Mindjet products include industry-leading visual information mapping software and online services, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet's innovative visualisation technology to improve the usability of leading business applications.
Used by nearly 1.8 million users around the world and by business professionals in 45 of BusinessWeek's® 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies," Mindjet solutions clarify thinking, dramatically boost productivity and increase team effectiveness for better informed decisions. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at www.mindjet.com/products/overview and through an extensive partner network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview.
Mindjet, MindManager, and the Mindjet logo are registered trademarks of Mindjet and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Mindjet and any other company.
For more information Cameron Ackbury Mindjet +1.415.229-4426 or +1.650 223-4557 Cameron.firstname.lastname@example.org
John England Mindsystems (Australian Master Distributor for Mindjet) +61.3. email@example.com
David Frost PR Deadlines for Mindjet +61.2.4341 5021 or +61 (0) 408 408 210 firstname.lastname@example.org