Innovation Awards 2022 is the market-leading awards program for celebrating ecosystem innovation and excellence across the technology sector in ASEAN.
Rhipe's Office 365 subscriptions top half a million
- 11 June, 2019 12:22
Dominic O'Hanlon (Rhipe)
Australian distributor Rhipe has seen the number of its Microsoft Office 365 subscriptions increase by 65 per cent over the past 12 months.
The Sydney-based company claimed its total number of Office 365 subscriptions has reached more than 530,000, of which 170,000 were signed since the start of the last financial year.
According to the publicly-listed distributor, 60 per cent of this growth came from the Australian market while the remaining 40 per cent came from Asia. Roughly 100,000 of total subscriptions came from academic establishments.
The announcement to shareholders follows on from Rhipe’s recent announcement that it was investing in the indirect Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) program for Office 365.
“The continued strong growth in Office 365 supported seats and the two important industry awards provides recognition from Microsoft at both a local and global level and is a reflection of Rhipe’s exceptional year of growth,” Rhipe CEO Dominic O’Hanlon said.
O’Hanlon added that the margin contribution from CSP seats now exceeded that of its traditional Microsoft private cloud offerings, although added that those were still “growing steadily”.
In Rhipe's half-year results for the period ending 31 December, the distributor had 385,000 subscriptions, an increase of 200,000 year-on-year.
At the time, Rhipe said it was investing in the expansion of Microsoft’s public cloud infrastructure platform, Azure.
Following a period of expansion South East Asia, Korea, New Zealand and Australia, Rhipe closed the last half-year with $3 million net profit after tax (NPAT) and revenue of $21.5 million, a 30 per cent increase year-on-year.
Earlier this year, it acquired Queensland-based Microsoft partner Dynamics Business IT Solutions (DBITS) in a deal worth up to $8 million.